Friday March 8 2013, 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Our Price :$5.00
This product can only be purchased at the studio
WHAT IS WOMANOLOGY?
Womanology is a group for women who are interested in exploring cultural conceptions around femininity, gender and feminism and examining how these conceptions shape their daily lives. The goal of Womanology is to create a safe space for challenging discussion and community building.
This spring Womanology will be meeting every other Friday, from March 8th-June 14th. Discussions run from 7:30- 9:30 p.m.
The Womanology Group Facilitator, Alla Shishkov, will provide discussion themes, activities and questions at each session. That said, her hope is that alternate and divergent topics will emerge organically from participant feedback and group processes.
WOMANOLOGY VISION/MISSION STATEMENT
Womanology posits that there are many “feminisms” and that we are all in a state of becoming rather than static being. As such:
- Womanology welcomes all women who identify as women, regardless of stage, background, philosophy, ethnicity and orientation;
- Womanology invites participants to delve into difficult issues while remaining playful and irreverent (we like jokes AND feminism);
- Womanology celebrates complicated points of view and strong feelings (yes, even anger), so long as the integrity and safety of all discussion participants is respected.
Womanology challenges the notions that:
- there is a correct or ideal way to be a woman;
- female identity resides in the womb or XX chromosome;
- inequality is a natural or inevitable state.
Womanology will make space for your voice if you would like to disagree.
Join us every other Friday from March 8th to June 14th. Suggested donation of $5 is requested.
Please contact Alla Shishkov at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For more information and schedule, click on this link: Womanology Schedule - Proposed Themes/Topics.pdf